Q: The problem I'm having is that during the winter when I try to cold start it just cranks and only started when it gets warmer out.

I have a 1998 Chevy blazer 4wd. The problem I'm having is that during the winter when I try to cold start it just cranks and cranks and will not start until the weather gets warmer. After that all day it turns on right away. After it starts it runs good and everything.This only happens when I cold start it in cold weather, what can be the problem?

It sounds like moisture may be getting inside the distributor cap. If this is the case, the spark plugs will not fire. Another issue may be the fuel pump. If the pump is seizing when cold, it cannot provide the engine with fuel to start. I recommend having a trained technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your car’s starting issue. They will be able to diagnose the problem and make any repairs that are needed.

3. The problem I'm having is that during the winter when I try to cold start it just cranks and only started when it gets warmer out.