Q: The car starts to stall when I accelerate at high speed.

I tried to pass a car on one lane St Rd 70 increasing speed from 70 to 85 as I accelerated the car lost power as if it was going to stall. Happened twice on same trip. Increased speed from 65 to 75 on 95 and same thing happened. Very scary. I read this is an issue with this car and may be the cam and crank sensors???

I would first check to see if the PCM has set any diagnostic trouble codes, including pending codes. Codes can be downloaded and evaluated by YourMechanic in the context of a Check Engine Light diagnostic. The camshaft and crankshaft position sensors are relatively easy to test so those can be ruled in or out. For your vehicle, I do not see unusual reporting though (i.e., high frequency) of these sensors being implicated in hesitation.

If the sensors test good, and no codes were set, the diagnostic would move to consideration of the usual list of suspects: vacuum leaks, hose connections, PCV, EGR stays open, ignition system, including spark plugs, wires, coils, engine timing, fuel supply including pressure, fuel pump, fuel filter, pressure regulator, clogged injectors or filter, and EFI components such as air flow meter, water temp sensor, air temp sensor, throttle position sensor, injection signal. The best thing to do is schedule an engine hesitation diagnostic. At the conclusion of that diagnostic, you will have your root cause and the Mechanic will explain the required repair and the cost. If you have further concerns or questions, by all means don’t hesitate to re-contact us.

3. The car starts to stall when I accelerate at high speed.