Q: Q: Suspension Problems

I've recently had new wheel bearings hubs, brakes and inner tire rods and lower control arms changed on my 2004 Infiniti fx45 but I'm still hearing a grumbling sound coming from the front passenger side while driving. It effects it as much that when I hit a pothole or bump the whole car shifts viciously. What could it possibly be?

Since your issue is more noticeable when you hit bumps or potholes, your problem may reside with the spring/strut assembly. It could be a worn or broken strut, worn strut mount, or even a broken spring. If you raise the hood, you can see the upper strut mounts at the top of each wheel well. If you place one hand on top of the mount and bounce the vehicle up and down, you should only feel smooth minimal movement at the strut mount. If there is excessive or rough movement, then I would suggest having the struts and mounts inspected. The springs can be checked at the same time because if the struts and/or mounts need replacement, the springs have to be removed as well to replace them. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can provide this inspection and repair at your home or office.

3. Q: Suspension Problems