Q: Q: stiff steering wheel

I have a 2004 Nissan quest SL. The steering is very stiff but once the car warms up it it's really smooth . The only thing I know it's not the rack pinion. Or power steering pump. I think it could be the power steering pressure hose . The problem is I don't know if I need two hoses . And when I pop the hood it looks very damp around the power steering area . Please contact me ASAP . I have to leave to Arizona due to a emergency in my family . Thanks

If the power steering fluid has never been flushed and changed, I would recommend that step first. If you are located in a cold climate region, use cold climate power steering fluid. At the same time that the fluid is changed, check the power steering belt condition and belt tension and be sure the belt tension is set within the range specified in the Factory Service Manual for your car. If the fluid exchange does not resolve the issue and the hoses are not leaking, the power steering pump output pressure can be tested to see if pump pressure is abnormally low. Unless the hoses are leaking or there is reason to suspect a blockage within a hose, there is no reason to consider replacing the hoses. To have the fluid serviced by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request power steering fluid exchange and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: stiff steering wheel