Q: Q: starting issue

Q: a couple of times (twice over a two week period) I've had difficulty starting my car. the ready light would not go on when I turn the key all the electrical opens but the car won't start. this, again, has only happened twice. today I had the same problem. i thought it might be the starter. but i was able to start the car using my remote starter instead of the key. could the problem be with the key?

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2013 Toyota Prius to have trouble starting. The first place to begin with any difficulty starting is to have the battery load tested, this is done to ensure the battery has the capacity and ability to start the vehicle reliably. If the battery passes the load test other possible issues are a start, fuel pump, key fob battery, ignition switch, or a wiring harness issue. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your trouble starting and make any repairs required.

3. Q: starting issue