Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-10rgkl4js:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-10rgkl4js:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-99848-10rgkl4js:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-10rgkl4js:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-10rgkl4js:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-10rgkl4js:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-10rgkl4js:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-10rgkl4js:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-10rgkl4js:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-99848-10rgkl4js:173:8

Q: Starter keeps on turning even after my truck starts.

So my truck was obtained via a trade, I dont know much about it but i do know who ever had it installed a after marker switch to start the truck. The switch turns over the starter but you must have the key in and on the start position. Yesterday it started causing trouble, I checked the solenoid, its brand new (1-2 months), i checked my starter, all my wires (none are bare or touching other metals). My question is, what can be causing the starter to continue trying to start the truck? Could it be that my solenoid is getting to much volts that it gets stuck?

A: Hello. Thank you for your question. YourMec...

Hello. Thank you for your question. YourMechanic will gladly assist you in restoring your starting system to factory OEM condition and function.

For safety reasons (principally your and your family's safety in operating the vehicle), we cannot repair "redesigns" such as the aftermarket switch actuated system you are referring to or re-configure or work around the original OEM design. Many vehicle systems have safety functions and are indeed required by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS).

If it is a wiring fault, yes, aftermarket repairs are acceptable and are performed in the field all the time but in regard to switches, the original OEM actuating switch must be used and the circuit has to be restored to its original configuration.

Indeed, restoration and repair along those lines is a BIG benefit to you because in so doing, your problem will undoubtedly be resolved most quickly and at the lowest cost. Trying to re-engineer systems just adds needless cost when the vehicle was originally built with a perfectly effective starting system.

YourMechanic is mobile as you probably know and we would be very pleased to assist you with diagnosing this electrical issue firsthand and help you fix it accordingly. Thank you for your question and best wishes to you.