Q: Some lights don't work - 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

The lights on the car are not working correctly. All the bulbs and fuses are fine but ony the tail lights and the headlights actually turn on. The plate lights and front markers are unresponsive. I'm certain that these are getting power because all of the indicator lights are working properly. What should I check next?

Hello. Using a VOM check for voltage at the bulb receptacle. You will probably find that the circuit is "dead" at that point. You then have to trace the circuit to find out where it is open. You might have a common defective (missing, corroded, loose) ground point. Of course, check to see if the circuit fuse is blown but if it is, then you have to find out why (e.g. it could have a short somewhere to ground). If you would like to have this all taken care of for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the light issue and have this corrected.