Q: Running rich, won't start when hot

My car seems to run fine until i turn it off and try to start it again when hot. It turns over fine but takes a few second to actually start. One started again it runs well. When I turn it off when it's hot i can smell the gas from running rich and there is a puttering sound for a couple seconds. I replaced the coolant temp sensor which didn't help.

A: You most likely have a leaking fuel injecto...

You most likely have a leaking fuel injector or purge control valve. Check the purge control valve to see if it is not sealing when it is off and letting gas fumes into the intake and flooding the engine with fumes. If it is not leaking then you will need to have the injectors cleaned and see if it stops the problem. Otherwise, you have a leaking injector that needs to be replaced. If you'd like to get this fixed, have a technician check your car for any leaks firsthand for an accurate repair.