Q: rpm drops during idle

The RPM starte dropping during idle and the check engine light started flashing. I already changed the EGR valve

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle needs to be scanned for diagnostic codes to figure out what about the vehicle has triggered the check engine light. They are very likely related. You can then use that information to do further testing if needed. If the engine is struggling to regulate idle speed, it may be lacking fuel, air, or spark, or it may have an issue with the sensors responsible for regulating it. The EGR was a good start, but you may also want to look into the throttle body and position sensor, as well as the idle air control valve. If it is a sensor issue, it will likely show itself in the scan for codes. For more help with this testing or resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. rpm drops during idle