Q: Rodent ate through wires to windshield wipers.

asked by on February 20, 2018

My windshield wipers wouldn't come on one day. We looked under the hood and saw that the wires had been chewed through. Just trying to figure out if we need to replace the whole motor or just splice the wires?

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The motor is sealed so it is not likely that anything is wrong with the motor. You can definitely splice the wires back together. Be sure the circuit is off of course; as a precaution, you could pull the fuse protecting the wiper circuit. Assuming you do not touch anything else you can leave the battery connected but be sure not to touch anything electrical. If you want this repair performed right at your location by a certified mechanic, you can request an electrical component/circuit repair and the responding certified mechanic will assist you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr