Q: Regarding Car AC

In my maruthi alto, when i switch on the AC, i am getting squeaky noise and AC belt breaks frequently. What could be the problem?

A: The basic problem is likely that the AC com...

The basic problem is likely that the AC compressor is putting too much load on the belt, causing it to slip, then fail. This condition could be caused by an "over-filled" AC system with too much refrigerant, creating high operating pressures, or a failing AC compressor, which may be partially seized or seizing.

I would recommend having your A/C issue inspected by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. YourMechanic.com can dispatch a mobile, professional mechanic to your location for this repair.