Q: reduced power and a question with the throttle body.

My colorado wouldn't go when you pushed the gas. I turned it off and then back on and my truck went. The next day I drove it. Turned it off and would not start again. It says reduced power. I replaced battery. After clearing things it will try to to start once after that nothing. I cleaned the throttle body by taking it out and doing what they told me to do. But when I tried to move the valve plate by hand to clean it. It will not move. They told me to put it back on truck and turn the key to the on position and hit the gas and the flap should open. It does not. What is wrong? This is the type that you can not get to the sensor. It is inside throttle body.

You got a loss of power due to a fault with the system closing the throttle as a built in safety factor. The reduced power indicator is telling you that it went in to a failure mode and caused the reduced power. You will need to have the computer tested for codes to find out the exactly caused the engine to go into failure mode.

This can be due to more than just a few things, only after testing will you know what is causing it. The most common problem for this is throttle position sensor failure or the connection to one of the sensors. One of the modules might need to be cleaned and dielectric lube should be applied to kill the corrosion.

If you need help with these checks I’d recommend getting some help from a qualified technician who has the tools and capability to properly diagnose your starting issue. Once this is done, an accurate repair can be made.

3. reduced power and a question with the throttle body.