Q: Reduce power engine - strange electrical behavior 2011 Chevrolet Impala

I was driving and as I was driving my unlock buttons kept coming and on and off and while i was driving on my dash it kept moving to park while it supposed to been in drive and it said reduce power engine and now my engine light on

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hello - this problem is caused by electrica...

Hello - this problem is caused by electrical system faults which are unique to your year/make/model. Chevrolet has issued a technical service bulletin which addresses these symptoms (# 292284), which are related to your digital dash electronics. Discuss this problem, and their proposed solution, with your Chevrolet Service Center manager.