Q: Put 1994 S10 4.3 vortec in 1997 1500 and intake does not work with wiring, can I use intake from 1997

asked by on October 15, 2017

Put Chevy S10 4.3 vortec motor in 1997 Chevy 1500. Intake does not work with wiring, can I use intake from 1997 1500 4.3 vortec? If not will wire harrness work in 1997 1500?

Based on interchange data at Car-Part.com, in your application involving the 4.3L motor, the 1997 intakes do not interchange with those from model year 1994. The wire harnesses are different as well and, of course, the computers from the two years are different. Your best bet is to use a site such as Car-Part.com to locate an exact interchange engine for the vehicle you are repairing. That is important because the engine must be compatible with and recognized by the existing computer in the car unless you intend to entirely change out the vehicle’s electrical system. If you are interested in an engine replacement (OEM to OEM, direct catalog interchange), YourMechanic professionals in certain locales can assist with that. Please simply inquire based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.