Q: Power steering failure 2005 Pontiac G6

I had a recall on my car an took it to get fixed over a year ago now it popping up check power steering an the wheel was shaking an now.it locked up trying to c if it can be the power steering pressure switch

Hello - this steering behavior does resemble the symptoms from that Recall (14V153000). The specific component that failed for your model was the "steering torque sensor" and should have been replaced as part of the Recall (Bulletin 14116 ). I would go back to your Pontiac service center, and discuss this issue, and possible repair with them. If that does not result in a satisfactory repair, I would recommend an inspection of the steering system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.