Q: Part fell in engine are

I was changing the battery and the metal pipe that holds the cap on the battery fell in the car, how do I get it out

Typically, a magnet is used for retrieval. There are commercial retrieval tools, for example sold at Sears or Autozone. However, if you have a compact, powerful magnet at home, you can take a piece of long wire (12 or 14 gauge copper is good) and VERY securely tape the magnet to the wire (be sure the magnet is really tightly affixed to the wire so that the magnet doesn’t come off). Then fish the wire down and let the magnet grab the lost metal part and slowly pull it out. If you are working around the battery though, or any exposed wiring, be extremely careful that you do not touch the battery terminals with the wire or any tools. If you do that and short circuit the battery, the battery can explode (blinding you) and, of course, short circuiting the battery will possibly destroy vehicle electronics. So, be very cautious. If you like, on your request, YourMechanic can dispatch a professional to retrieve the part, install it, and help you finish up the job.

3. Part fell in engine are