Q: Overheating issue - 2001 Cadillac DeVille

asked by on September 30, 2016

I bought this car and it doesn't overheat idling in driveway We had someone change tension pulley and belt he said water pump is good my question to u is would that make it over heat I'm tagging it today so I can finally drive it and see but can u tell me if that would cause car to over heat no blown head gasket water pump is good radiator was replaced

Hello there, many different faults can cause your 2001 Cadillac DeVille to overheat. If the car overheats when at idle, then the most likely faults would be the cooling fan, thermostat, air in the cooling system, or a clogged coolant passage. This vehicle should not be driven until the overheating problem is resolved as repeated overheating can cause damage to the engine. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the overheating problems and perform any repairs required.