Q: Opinions on buying old and cheap car and tow hook safety

I am new to auto repair and I would like to buy an old car that’s cheap and easy to repair myself. What do you recommend? Are the tow hooks on the front of the car always the safest place to jack them up?

A: As long as the tow hooks are solid, yes you...

As long as the tow hooks are solid, yes you can jack them up. Now if you are looking for a good car that is cheap and easy to repair, go on Craigslist and look for some of those old Toyotas, like a Toyota Corolla or Toyota Camry. I’ve bought it for my sons, so they are from 400 to 1200 dollars, and sometimes they are still driving them 8 or 9 years later. Toyotas are really good cars and if you buy the old one, they still have a bunch of life still left in them. You won't have to worry that they are completely worn out because they generally last for a long time.