Q: Oil level drops during idling

The oil level indicator drops to about 20 during idling. During travel it will reach the normal 40+. Not sure what is causing oil level to drop during idling.

Paying close attention to your gauges while driving is a great way to monitor your vehicle and ensure that it is running efficiently. I have actually come across this concern during other experiences with Chevy Express vans. When the van is at idle, the oil pressure will naturally be lower due to the RPMs also being low. However, as you accelerate the RPMs will increase, and so does the oil pressure with it. This is likely what your are experiencing with your Chevy. However, if the oil pressure seems to fluctuate drastically, then it is likely that the oil pressure switch itself is failing and will need to be replaced. While that fix is pretty straightforward, it will require special tools and a good hand. I highly recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to replace the oil pressure switch for you to get your car safely back on the road.