Q: my etc went out in my car, we replaced it but my car still has trouble accelerating over 10 mph

the electronic throttle control went out on my car and was replaced.... my car has barely any power and will not reached over 10 mph now i need help please

Hi there. If you are having acceleration problems, and recently replaced your ETC; there are two possibilities. First, it’s common for a professional mechanic to clear any stored error codes that may have indicated the ETC was damaged. If this was not completed, it is very likely that the ETC is not communicating correctly with the ECU. Second, it’s possible that the initial problem was not the ETC, but a different fuel system component. It is probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection; so they can pinpoint the source of this issue and recommend the right repairs.

• my etc went out in my car, we replaced it but my car still has trouble accelerating over 10 mph