Q: My engine is tapping first slow then fast. It also boggs out around 20mph.

I drove it Saturday night without any noises or issues, wake up Sunday morning start the car and there's a tapping or knocking noise. Checked oil it was low very low so added oil with no resolution. When I try to drive it it boggs out around 20mph. I'm stumped. Plz tell me it's not unfixable. Maybe a sensor ???

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2007 Toyota Camry. A motor that is very low on oil is a very bad thing. Many times, you can add oil and there won’t be a problem, but once there is a problem, your motor will need some fairly extensive repairs. Since your car is a hybrid, it is an electric motor that drives the wheels. The gas motor is essentially a charging system and it also aids in moving the car at times. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to know exactly what’s happening without directly inspecting your car. With the nature of hybrids, I highly suggest that you take it to a technician who will be able to diagnose and repair the noise of the vehicle.

• My engine is tapping first slow then fast. It also boggs out around 20mph.