Q: Replacing battery terminals

Should I replace my battery terminals before I buy a new alternator?

3. Replacing battery terminals

Q: Car will not start but the dash lights turn on.

Often when a battery has a bad/damaged cell internally, it may not accept a jump start. The easiest thing to do would be to replace the battery with a known good battery, whether temporarily swapping one from another vehicle or...

Q: The negative post on battery wont let me connect it. It sparks and smokes unless you disconnect the wire from solenoid going from the battery to the starter.

Hi there. When the battery cable is hooked up and sparks with smoke, the question to ask your self is if the wire is getting hot. If the wire is getting hot, then the starter solenoid has melted the contacts...

Q: Q: No start no crank

Hello. If this occurred right after the vehicle was jumped and after driving the vehicle for a while then the fuses needs to be checked first. This is where I typically start as a battery failure or a jump starting...