Q: Multiple problems

1st I will start off with the oil eating. I've had it for 2 weeks and already put about 6 qts of oil into it. I will sometimes smell burning oil and sometimes the engine light will come on. 2nd problem is when I back up or turn it sounds like something is dragging or loose. Lastly I have spark plug wires that are shown. What could everything be or how can I fix is the wires shown a problem? What's your assessment I can go into more detail if needed.

Hi There, The oil consuming problem you are describing could be a number of things, but may suggest you have a leak of some kind or may be potentially be burning the oil in the motor as a result of bad valve stem seals or potentially bad valves. This may be noticeable by a blue colored smoke when the engine is running.

The issue of something dragging or loose when backing up may be a result of a loose exhaust heat shield or something that may be hanging from the bottom of the vehicle. This would need to be inspected by a mechanic in order to properly determine what may be causing this. The spark plug wires will likely need to be replaced as this can cause arcing due to the exposure of the wire which can cause misfire and other problems. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Multiple problems