Q: Lights not working proper

I have a 2013 ford ranger. I have changed my side lights to led but my drivers one isnt working proper now. It doesnt come on when you unlock car or when you put side lights on.but comes on when lights are in auto mod until head light comes on then the side light goes back off. I have check bulb in other side and work fine and have checked fuse looks fine and rest ov lights tha work off fuse work fine

A: Your vehicle was not originally designed to...

Your vehicle was not originally designed to run the low voltage led bulbs so some minor issues can occur. Swap the bulb or bulbs, that are not lighting up with the same bulbs from the opposite side of the vehicle. If they work fine, then you may have a bad bulb.

If the same problem happens after swapping the bulbs, then the problem may be in the bulb socket. Try bending the tabs slightly to make better contact with the bulb. Also, led bulbs can be polarity sensitive so if the bulb can be installed in the socket more than one way, try removing the bulb and rotating it 180 degrees before reinstalling it. If none of this helps and you want to continue using led bulbs, you may have to consider installing resistors to make them work properly.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose the issue with your light and help you fix it accordingly.