Q: Lights and sound are off when listening to a loud music with max bass on an Opel Vectra A

I've got an Opel Vectra A. My car has a problem when I listen to music to the max bass and laud, the lights and sound stops for a second and starts again when the bass sounds correctly.

A: You’ve probably got a stereo system that is...

You’ve probably got a stereo system that is too strong for your car’s alternator and battery. Realize that if you boom up to these max amps, speakers, and bass system, you are overtaxing the electric system of the vehicle. Guys I know that are serious about that, they get special batteries, put them in the trunk and then put on like a 200-300 amps alternator - the biggest they can find - so that it runs more power. That’s what most people who are serious about stereo will do.

Because you are probably running stuff that isn’t strong enough on that Opel and running so much power, it is messing around with it. And make sure it is wired right, too. Don’t wire a good wiring system to the wiring harness of the car. Wire it directly to the battery and send big wires back to your system. Don’t run it on the wiring system of the car. If you need help with a battery installment or alternator replacement, technicians at YourMechanic can come to your car’s location and perform these services for you.