Q: Is a 14' to 15' Altima 3.5 SL worth buying?

I have heard so many horror stories about the Xtronic CVT's in this car. Thinking that 258 ft lb of torque will be going through that thing sends shivers down my spine. Would this car be worth buying if I'm considering keeping it for over 6 years?

With the proper care and maintenance, many of the vehicles today meet and exceed mileage old car makers could only dream of. The key is the proper maintenance and not to abuse the vehicles drivetrain. Consider having a pre-purchase inspection done on this car (or any car you are seriously considering) to ensure you know the current condition of the car before handing your money over.