Q: Intermittent failed idling, intermittent loss of acceleration power, multiple errors

Car intermittently fails to idle and then also has diminished and erratic accelerating power. I have errors for oxygen sensor, cam sensor, MAF sensor. Cam and MAF sensor replaced but no change. I therefore suspect wiring. Where does one start to look for wiring issues?

Hi, thanks for writing in. The O2 sensor alone can cause this kind of loss in power and failure to idle depending on how severe its functionality is. I would also recommend checking the idle air control module/valve. This works similar to the MAF in that it regulates the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is not working properly, it will cause an imbalanced load of air/fuel to be supplied to the motor resulting in this kind of problem. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Intermittent failed idling, intermittent loss of acceleration power, multiple errors