Q: Installing a new all digital instrument cluster

I was thinking about installing a new all digital instrument cluster in my car. I've seen that new BMWs have this type of instrument cluster and it seems much better to me. Is it possible to install one of these in my 2011 model? What do you think about the all digital instrument cluster in terms of quality?

Hello there. These digital instrument clusters are packed full of nice features and are easy to use. The problem arises in what is needed to adapt these clusters to vehicles that were not equipped with them. For your 2011 535i, I can only speculate what would be needed for this swap. The digital clusters use purely electrical signals from the sensors, so the sensors, wiring, and mounting location may all need to be changed. Although it would be nice, this is not a swap I would advise. If you seriously wanted to pursue this swap, have a BMW professional better assess the situation and determine what would be required to have this done correctly.