Q: If you driving and the car does not get no speed especially going up a hill what's wrong with it goes 30 miles per hour

When driving the car it don't accelerate properly and it dont go pass 40mph eapecially going up a hill and my check engine light is not on

Hi Steve. Thanks for contacting us today. There are several things that can cause a lack of acceleration. In most cases, it’s a restriction of fluid inside the transmission, causing the transmission to slip, while in other instances this is caused by fuel restriction issues, like clogged fuel injectors, dirty throttle body, mass air flow sensor or other fuel system component.

It is possible that you could have a sticking brake caliper. A sticking brake caliper would cause the brakes to be applied at all times. This would cause the vehicle to go very slowly especially uphill. This would also explain the reason the check engine light is not on. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional for brake issues. Consider YourMechanic as brake inspections can be performed at your home or office.

3. If you driving and the car does not get no speed especially going up a hill what's wrong with it goes 30 miles per hour