Q: I want to buy this car, but there is terrible smell from cigarettes. How can I get rid of totally and is it possible at all?

I will buy this car but it has terrible smell of cigarette smoke. Can I get rid of it? Or it will last forever? Could you please give me some advice on how to do it?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I recommen...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I recommend you check out our article here on how to get rid of a smell in your car. Cigarette smell can be difficult to remove from certain materials: cloths, carpets, and even the ventilation system. I recommend starting with the carpet. Use a carpet cleaner that specializes in removing unwanted smells. Next, move to all cloths, including the headliner. These materials are best at holding cigarette smell. A strong shop vac works great with these. Sometimes I add a little carpet powder to all cloth, let it sit, and then vacuum it out. Lastly, spray a deodorizer in all vents and run your heat on high for a few mins. Do this a couple times. Also, wipe down all trim. Hope this helps and best of luck!