Q: Is it likely if a water pump fails that so does high pressure power steering hose? 2005 Nissan Frontier

The short basic story is I regularly check my fluids and saw no issue. Upon startup on ( after it sitting for 8 hours . I heard a cracking/popping/ like deep frying noise in front of engine area. Immediately turned off truck and looking under I see water and violent hemoraging onto the ground. I was devastated so I didn't want to open hood but I did notice that it was pouring from over my oil filter. Towed it home and notice ( I believe) PS fluid dripping a bit as well as my coolent of course as it took several days to completely empty the reserve and radiator. Put a little water in top to see if it comes out anywhere and it did, I guess the outlet hose driverside . I see the PS reserve is wet and the I believe it to be a high pressure hose( that turns into a pipe entering the top radiator or tanks on side ? It's really greasy and wet at the tube where the PS reserve is. Under. I'm mentioning that because ppl keep asking if I'm sure it's PS fluid. . AT fluid looks good

Hello - yes, it is possible for a water pump failure to cause damaged power steering pump hose(s). If the water pump seizes suddenly, which happens often when they fail, the serpentine belt, which also drives the power steering pump, can thrash around, and take out a hose in the process. I would recommend a fluid leak inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Is it likely if a water pump fails that so does high pressure power steering hose? 2005 Nissan Frontier