Q: I have been using 20W40 engine oil out of ignorant for two years now on my Passat cc 2009 model But I found out that the right oil

I have been using 20W40 engine oil out of ignorant for two years now on my Passat cc 2009 model But I found out that the right oil is 5W30 or 5W40 so I want to find out if I change to the right oil what will be the consequences?

If you switch to the correct, lower viscosity oil, the only consequence will be that your fuel mileage should improve slightly. The improvement will not necessarily be "noticeable" but it will improve. There are no adverse consequences to correcting this mistake. All that happened when you used the higher viscosity oil is starting was harder in cold weather and fuel mileage was slighter reduced as the engine has to pump the more viscous oil through the lubrication system. As you may know, you can save considerably by having repairs and maintenance performed by mobile professionals. For example, YourMechanic offers oil and filter changes during mobile visits right to your location and you should certainly avail yourself of that service as the cost is lower and the service is much more personalized than at a shop or dealer. If you have additional questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. I have been using 20W40 engine oil out of ignorant for two years now on my Passat cc 2009 model But I found out that the right oil