Q: I have a knocking noise coming from the driveshaft area of my vauxhall astra.

I have a knocking noise coming from the driveshaft area of my vauxhall astra. Mechanics have changed both suspension mounts and the drop links on the suspension but still makes a noise on rough road. Also have a vibration from below centre consul. Any Ideas please.

If you are hearing the knocking noises more on tight turns, you may have worn cv axles or driveshafts on the front of your Astra. The joints inside can wear over time especially if the grease has leaked out and the joints will make noise as they make contact inside the boots. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your knocking noise and offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. I have a knocking noise coming from the driveshaft area of my vauxhall astra.