Q: I have 2006 dodge Dakota just put a transmission in. I have 4 of them and got one that works. Had to put the PCM computer in.

My 2006 Dodge Dakota put for transmissions in it finally got one to work had to put a PCM computer in it and started up shift fine drove it a little bit and quit went into safety mode do I have to have that sendt to the dealer have a program yet cuz I did not do that

If you used a computer (PCM) to run the transmission from a different vehicle, then you will have to get the computer flashed to the vehicle that you are fixing. The program is not matching the VIN on your vehicle and is causing the transmission to have the power cut off. If you need further assistance with your transmission going into limp mode, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have 2006 dodge Dakota just put a transmission in. I have 4 of them and got one that works. Had to put the PCM computer in.