Q: How to change battery in fob

I'm having to manually lock and unlock because the battery in my fob has gone out. The dealership wants a huge price for a new battery. Is there a way that I can change it myself? Thanks for your help.

Hello. The batteries for these key fobs are available from most auto parts stores and online. Once you get the battery the case is easy to split apart to replace the battery. This can easily be done on your own. An independent shop can also do it for you for a much cheaper cost. If you want to have this replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace the key fob battery.