Q: How do you use the AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you use the AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™?

Your car’s traction and stability control system (AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™) is designed to help enhance your stability and control during certain types of driving. The system is automatically on, and will engage without you having to do anything when the computer detects slick surfaces, or a loss of stability (like your car starting to lean too far to one side). The system initiates when you crank the engine, and will stay on until you cut the engine off.

However, you can use the TCS Off button to turn the system off if necessary. This will turn on the TCS Off light in the dash. The light will also turn on briefly during startup, but it should go off quickly. The traction control system will automatically turn back on when you crank the engine again, even if you turned it off before. However, if the TCS Off light will not go out, you should have the system inspected.