Q: How do you operate the turn signals?

How do you operate the turn signals?

A: Your turn signals provide vital information...

Your turn signals provide vital information for other drivers. They tell people behind you or approaching you that you’re about to turn. They’re also used when you turn on your hazard lights. Here’s how to operate them.

1. Locate the turn signal/headlight lever on the left of your steering wheel

2. Flip it up to signal that you’re turning right

3. Flip it down to signal that you’re turning left

Tips

• The corresponding turn signal light in the dash will turn on when you have the lever up or down to signal that you’re turning.

• Turning on the hazard lights turns on both turn signal indicators in the dash.