Q: how do you no if you need a fuel pump or just a filter or lines replaced

Car won't turn over. Someone said it needed the fuel pump replaced . How do you know if its the pump or if it just needs a filter or the lines cleaned?

A fuel pressure and volume test is the step to diagnosing a fuel pump. It requires special equipment that most people do not have. It’s rare that a fuel filter will be so badly blocked that it will keep the car from starting. The same is true of the fuel lines. But if that were the case, it would show up in the test as low volume. You can figure out what your car really needs by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your starting problem and let you know just what it will take to get going again.

3. how do you no if you need a fuel pump or just a filter or lines replaced