Q: How do I remove the rear camera?

How do I remove the rear camera?

The rear camera helps you reverse your vehicle effectively. The camera is located to the left of the tow hitch, and can be removed with these steps.

1. Open the tailgate.

2. Locate the rear camera harness, placed between the tailgate and the bed of the truck.

3. Press the locking tab on the harness in, and pull out the connector bracket.

4. Locate the chassis wiring harness, and disconnect it.

5. Remove the chassis plug and bracket from the glove compartment, and connect it to the chassis wiring harness. Then, reconnect the bracket to the sill.

6. Remove the tailgate plug from the glove compartment, and connect it to the tailgate wiring harness.

7. Use strong tape to connect the bracket and the tailgate wiring harness to the forward-facing region of the tailgate to keep it safe.

3. How do I remove the rear camera?