Q: How do I choose the right child car seat?

How do I choose the right child car seat?

Your Altima is designed to accommodate a number of different child seats. However, not all seats will work. Here’s what you need to know to ensure you’re buying the right seat.

1. Make sure the seat is right for your child (height/weight/seating position/seating type).

2. Make sure the seat is designed to work with a Nissan Altima and its seat belt system.

3. Your child’s head should be supported by either A) the back of the child seat or B) the head restraint portion of the back seat in the car.

Tip

If your child’s head is not supported by either the head restraint in the car or the child car seat, it is the wrong size.