Q: Hi James, engine lite on, cylinder misfire on 1, 3, 5, and 6. recently replaced all plugs and wires. question is does it do any go

Hi James, engine lite on, cylinder misfire on 1, 3, 5, and 6. recently replaced all plugs and wires. question is does it do any good to replace say 5 and 6 immediately and the other two soon or am i wasting time? 5 and 6 are feasible to get to and do myself without removing manifold (Escape Ford 2004). basically am i doing any good or helping in replacing 2 of the 4 initiall? thanks for your time and any info

Hi there. What led you to the need to replace those mentioned parts? What were the diagnostic steps to determine the fault or faults? When a misfire code is stored, that means that the ECM detected a slow down on the combustion stroke of those cylinders specific to the codes stored. What caused the misfire? The ECM does not know why this occurred, only that it has detected the occurrence. There could be a whole host of causes from electrical to fuel to spark to a sensor to the ECM to an internal mechanical fault. The simple fact is that without a proper inspection using proper diagnostic tools and processes, the attempted repairs can become very expensive. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection.

• Hi James, engine lite on, cylinder misfire on 1, 3, 5, and 6. recently replaced all plugs and wires. question is does it do any go