Q: Headlights independently fail and SUV shuts down

The headlights in my SUV are independently failing at times. Also, it will shut down when the fog lights are on or any of the electrical system is being used. I took my SUV to an independent mechanic so that it could be diagnosed, however they could not diagnose it. But the mechanic did tell me that the bulb should be replaced. He did the repair, but it made no difference; the problem has recurred ten more times since then. What can I do to have this problem corrected and fixed permanently?

A: Any time bulbs are replaced, they must be d...

Any time bulbs are replaced, they must be done so in pairs. Especially high powered headlights. The module driving the lights or the switch may be experiencing a malfunction. I recommend having another expert inspect the electrical circuit for any faults or shorts. This sounds like an intermittent problem, so I would make sure the problem is present when you are having this checked out in order to help with the diagnosis.