Q: Headlight out in car

My headlight is out and I can see condensation in the assembly. I replaced the light bulb, but the light is still not coming on. I don't know if I need to replace the whole headlight or just the ballast.

Hi there. If you have the HID headlamps, you may have a faulty ballast. There is also a technical service bulletin for the headlamp assembly that says that if there is condensation built up in the lens, the entire assembly needs to be replaced. This is only applicable if the filament gets burned out. I would recommend you contact a technician from YourMechanic to inspect the headlight assembly and make sure what is causing the problem.

3. Headlight out in car