Q: Have a couple of solenoid codes and a PO1870 code. is it worth fixing?

Car drives but very sluggish and won't go over 30 mph. RPM's are over 3. Do I need a rebuilt transmission or could it be just the solenoids? With 180,000 is it worth fixing?

Hello, Code P1870 relates to the transmission slipping as you describe. This code can be set off for a few reasons such as towing a trailer as this puts additional stress on the lockup function of the transmission. This may also be caused by low transmission fluid resulting in the lack of sufficient fluid to build the required hydraulic pressure needed to push fluid into the valve body. Every time a gear change is required, the computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Have a couple of solenoid codes and a PO1870 code. is it worth fixing?