Q: Gas pedal stuck intermittently

HI. the gas pedal got stuck while driving at medium to high speeds. It suddenly happened twice during a 90 km drive. my solution to that was to press on the pedal again to "release" it back to its normal position.. Is it the throttle cable ? maybe the throttle position sensor? i suspected that the kickdown cable may sometimes be touching the throttle cable and restricting it from returning back...One more thing, i almost filled up my gas tank and parked it on an incline (tilted to the right). Drops or stains of gas can be seen in front of the right rear tire...Is it a leak or a normal thing? Many thanks..

Hi Khaled. A sticking throttle pedal or dripping or leaking gasoline is not a normal thing and is something that should be inspected onsite by a professional mechanic as soon as possible. In some cases, damage to the throttle position sensor can cause this to occur, as will cable problems. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a gas pedal is stuck inspection, so they can determine why you’re having this problem and find the source of the fuel leak.

3. Gas pedal stuck intermittently