Q: Engine cranks but won't turn on and it sputter

Hello I have a 1996 honda accord 2.2 liters non-vtec 4 cylinder engine and my car won't turn on it's cranks and everything but it sputter and make weird noise and have a bad smell,I'm guessing its the fuel pump or the spark plugs because there was oil in the tube and well or it could be a bad timing belt that's is worn out but before all this happen my engine had a very loud knocking sound but it would still run though

It sounds like you might have some engine damage. Knocking noises can be a sign of serious engine issues and it’s usually best to stop using the car until you can get it sorted out. With 185 thousand miles it really could be just about anything. I don’t recommend you start buying parts like fuel pumps or spark plugs until you can have the engine checked out by a professional. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Honda and let you know what it will take to solve your problem.

3. Engine cranks but won't turn on and it sputter