Q: Electrical

I have had 2 new batteries in the past year. In warm weather the battery will keep a charge for about a week if not starting the car. Now that the weather is cold it only stays charged for a day or 2. How do I find what is draining the battery? My regular repair shop can't find the problem. Will the Buick dealership be able to find It?

Hello. Thank you for writing in. These electrical drains are known as "parasitic draws". They can be caused by basically any electrical device in the car, but typically come from alarm systems, radios, and aftermarket add-ons. The vehicle drain can typically be found by doing some relatively easy diagnostics. Using a multimeter you will need to verify that you do have a draw. Then you can use the fuses in the fuse box to illuminate possibilities system by system. Once you pull the fuse that stops the draw, you can look further into that system and what the most likely component would be. This is one easy way to get a general idea of what the issue is.