Q: Doors will not lock - 2011 Toyota Camry

asked by on October 28, 2016

The lock on the drivers side door does not work. I can't lock my doors. The key fob doesn't work or using the key in the door or when I use the key to try to lock it. The key doesn't work either. It is intermittent. I was told by Toyota that I need a part and I think they said ECU. What is that and how much does it cost?

Power door locks are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There is an electronic window motor module that operates the power windows and locks. Sometimes these can and will fail causing intermittent operation as you describe. This can also happen when wires short or are pinched. Many vehicles have wires that run underneath the seats and through door jam areas as well that are prone to pinching or disruption, causing this kind of intermittent failure. I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to properly diagnose why the door will not lock and repair it as needed.