Q: Q: Do I need to replace alternator

I drain the battery on my truck last week. I trickle charged it and was able to start the truck but after 30 seconds it began to bog and eventually died. Do I need to replace my battery or the alternator ?

Hello. From what you’ve described, you may need to charge and load test the battery to make sure it is good. Then do a charging system check to see if the alternator is charging sufficiently. You cannot check the charging system properly with a bad battery. A bad battery may damage a good alternator. If you need help with fixing this issue, have one of our mobile technicians diagnose the issue with your battery for an accurate repair.

3. Q: Do I need to replace alternator