Q: digital dash and ac

I have this Cadillac. Its beautiful and runs really great and it has over 100,000 miles Im sure, but I can no longer see that information as the digital dash has gone out. This maybe due to the previous owner fooling with the fuses or is simply just out. I also have a leak in one of the hoses for the AC..I was told that in order to fix the AC i would have to fix the digital dash first, due to not being able to read the info in the dash for the ac (also digital). I am told that the leak can be repaired with a patch like JB Weld or something. How can I tell if the dash is truly out or if a fuse is missing or out? Can the Ac be fixed without fixing the dash first?

A: The A/C cannot be fixed if the controls are...

The A/C cannot be fixed if the controls are inoperative. As soon as the battery is disconnected the A/C will no longer work. The A/C leak cannot be fixed and should not be fixed with J-B Weld.

The dash displays must be working partly or else the system will not start and run. You may have bad display units, this will require you to have them sent out for repairs.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can inspect these components and diagnose your AC system firsthand. Best of luck.